Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I Don't Recognize Myself

Yesterday I shared about hitting 240 pounds, the lightest I've ever been as an adult.  This morning I weighed 239.5 pounds, which I haven't weighed since well before I graduated high school.  I'd guess 10th grade.  I can only guess on that.   As of this morning my Ten Day Average is 243.8 pounds, so I'll "officially" hit the "Half The Man" status very soon.
 But today I want to talk about something else!    I don't recognize myself any more!   I vaguely recognize the face in the mirror as mine, but that's about it.   I look at my hands.  They don't look like mine.  I've always said I couldn't learn to play the guitar because my fingers were too clumsy and fat.  Well, they're not fat anymore!  My hands look normal.  I have no excuse for not learning to play the guitar now. :)
 I don't recognize my arms.  My feet.  My legs.   When I look down while walking I see these legs moving forward and back where before I only saw my belly and the tips of my shoes.
 I don't recognize my shadow.   It's not the one I'm used to.

 It's no wonder I don't recognize myself anymore.  I haven't seen this body in over 30 years.  Excuse me while I go reacquaint myself!

Happy Eating!

 -Norm  aka John Smith    

No comments:

Post a Comment